Pronation and injuries

After doing a few runs it looks like all the regular injuries are out the woodwork again, the most annoying thing is that they all happen on my right leg... sore Achilles, hamstring feeling tight, cramp in calf an interior shin splints. I looked up on the net to see if there is a muscle imbalance somewhere in the chain, so I started from the top of my leg an worked down, straight away it was obvious my hip muscles are in terrible shape! So this is could be the weakest link an the cause of my over pronation. So now I'm following some basic exercises to strengthen my glutes from this article:-

http://www.runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=18359&PageNum=1

Did one set yesterday and that wasn't so bad.... today I did two sets an I think I'm gonna have doms tomorrow! Going to do them everyday and see if the injuries subside :-).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He who fails to plan is planning to fail...

Back to basics..

Sickness, More OW swimming and potential bike theft!